Loving your Servitude: Microsoft’s Kinect Console Paves the Way for In-Home Spying
* Four microphones — a first, according to CEO Kyle Wiens. “We’ve taken apart binaural devices before, but this is our first quadaural sensor setup!”* Two cameras (pictured).* An IR transmitting diode.* One fan. Wiens says that for a 12-watt device, Microsoft seems very paranoid about heat dissipation and blames this paranoia on the infamous red-ring-of-death problems that have plagued the 360. “This is a good thing for consumers, but we can’t help but wonder if they’ve gone overboard in the cooling department,” Kyle said.* 64 MB of Hynix DDR2 SDRAM.* A “tiny, diminutive, even” motor (pictured).* A three-axis accelerometer.* A Prime Sense PS1080-A2. “Kinect is based on Prime Sense’s motion detection technology,” explains Kyle. “This chip is the Kinect’s brains —– all the sensors are wired into here for processing before transmitting a refined depth map and color image to the Xbox.”
The U.S. had been moving toward a total police state since about 1913; but in 2012 the final nail in the coffin of democracy and justice was hammered into place with the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act. NDAA allows for the U.S. military to arrest, imprison, and torture American citizen without due process of any kind! Contemporary America has adopted the identical police state, economic-military imperialist policies and operations that Nazi Germany did--though the enactment of those policies differs to some degree. The sound of Gestapo jackboots is now heard in the land of Jefferson, Lincoln, and Franklin Roosevelt. We who live in the post-World War II period possess an immensely valuable symbol, even if we don't understand it or use it effectively: the example of Nazi Germany.
From this example we can discern that America, beginning in 2000, has become in essence the same kind of totalitarian dictatorship as Nazi Germany was:
- A police state
- A militarist dictatorship
- An annihilative suzerainty
- A regime that destroys workers
- A terrorist fascist state
Persons sometimes want to quibble about contemporary America being, in essence, identical to Nazi Germany, pointing out that there are at present no known extermination camps in the United States. By saying that America is now identical in essence to Nazi Germany, we're acknowledging that not all features of the two societies are identical.
The reason the international capitalist cabal doesnot yet find it necessary to create extermination camps for "surplus population workers" is thatcapitalists are murdering workers worldwide rapidly enough and in sufficient numbers for the cabal's purposes: to maintain a sufficient "army of unemployed" to be able to pay the lowest possible wages and to maintain a sufficiently low number of persons on any kind of social safety net.
Capitalists are murdering workers through:
The capitalist class believes American workers are sub-human and that as many as possible should be killed offthrough unemployment, homelessness, poverty, sickness,suicide, and mental impairment. The cabal is therefore:
- Malnutrition: Every hour of every day, 300 children die because of malnutrition
- Military suicide
- Army: 20.2 per 100,000 personnel commit suicide per year
- Marines: 19 per 100,000 personnel per year
- 30 US veterans attempt suicide every day; 18 succeed
- More Iraq and Afghanistan US war veterans have committed suicide than were killed in battle (as reported by the US Department of Defense; however, they refuse to publish the total number of military and ex-military who have committed suicide)
- Hunger and poverty: 34,000 children and 16,000 adults die each day from hunger or preventable diseases with poverty-related causes; a total of 8 million a year. (As reported by the United Nations)
- Lack of health care
- Capitalist wars:
- 4,415 US Iraq war deaths
- 1.3 million Iraqis murdered
- 4,236 killed in Afghanistan
- 15 million murdered in World War I
- 45 million murdered in World War II
- Murdering third world people (mostly children) through lethal vaccinations and drugs
Encouraging workers to commit suicide Germans in Nazi Germany were forced to spy on and betray their fellow workers. Americans in the twenty-first century are now encouraged to spy on and betray others through new cellphone apps that make it ridiculously easy for any idiot to report to government agencies any behavior by others he believes (without any evidence) might be suspicious.
To illustrate the identity between Nazi Germany and present-day America, we can take three examples:
- Leaders in both regimes seized dictatorial, criminal powers by using the pretext of responding to terrorist-led catastrophes.
Hitler and his Nazi underlings blamed the communists for the burning of the Reichstag on February 27, 1933. By fanning anti-communist hysteria the Nazis and Nationalists won a bare majority of Reichstag seats in the elections of March 5. After the communists had been barred, and amid the anarchy of storm trooper murder of communist and other opponents, the Reichstag voted to give Hitler total dictatorial powers. In precisely the same manner, the capitalist cabal has blamed the 9/11 bombing of the twin towers on "terrorists." In 2012, Erick Holder, the Attorney General with ties to Wall Street and the Big Banksters, declared that U.S. Presidents have dictatorial powers, including the power to order the assassination of American citizens, without any due process (indictment, conviction, sentencing, etc.)
- The Nazi regime required the shutting down of all mainstream newspapers and radio outlets and the establishment of a propaganda bureau, to make certain that all news sources supported the regime's policy of invading foreign nations. In the twenty-first century, the predatory cabal finds that capitalist news sources (radio, TV, and Internet sites) are willing collaborators, supporting the present strategy of attacking foreign nations to bring about regime change
3. Hitler had his collaborator-film-maker Leni Riefenstahl and the capitalist cabal has its own Hollywood collaborator: Angelina Jolie.
The capitalist fascist cabal doesn't need all the trappings of Nazi Germany because it has replicated Hitler's policies and tactics through different--though identical in essence--means.http://thepathtotyranny.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/the-socialist-promises-of-the-nazis/
An Unknown Episode In American HistoryNazi Germany was created by the criminal cabal that currently rules the United States and much of the world. One of the early underlings of this cabal was Prescott Bush, Dubya's grandfather. Prescott Bush was a director of the Union Banking Corporation, which the U.S. government took over in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The U.S. Alien Property Custodian seized Union Banking Corporation stock shares, all of which were owned by E. Roland Harriman, Prescott Bush, three Nazi executives, and two other associates of Prescott Bush.
President Franklin Roosevelt's Alien Property Custodian, Leo T. Crowley, signed Vesting Order Number 248seizing the property of Prescott Bush under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The order, published in obscure government record books and kept out of the news, explained nothing about the Nazis involved; only that the Union Banking Corporation was run for the Thyssen family of Germany and/or Hungary, nationals of a designated enemy country
This act by the U.S. government made it clear that Prescott Bush and the other directors of the Union Banking Corporation were in essence front men for the Nazis. By keeping news of this seizure quiet, the American government avoided the more important issue: in what way were Hitler and his Nazi cohorts set up, armed, and supported by the New York and London cartel of which Prescott Bush was an executive manager?
On Oct. 28, 1942, the U.S. government issued orders seizing two Nazi front organizations run by the Bush-Harriman bank: the Holland-American Trading Corporation and the Seamless Steel Equipment Corporation. Nazi interests in the Silesian-American Corporation, long managed by Prescott Bush and his father-in-law, George Herbert Walker, were seized under the Trading with the Enemy Act on November 17, 1942. In this action, the government announced that it was seizing only the Nazi interests, leaving the Nazis' U.S. partners to carry on the business.
These were actions taken by the U.S. government during wartime, but Prescott Bush and his collaborators had already played a central role in financing and arming Adolf Hitler for his takeover of Germany. Harriman, Bush and the other cabal puppets had financed the buildup of Nazi war industries for the conquest of Europe and war against the U.S. They had also helped in the development of Nazi genocide theories and racial propaganda, with the slave labor and extermination camps as the result.
The cabal that controls America has moved as rapidly as possible to bring about the same conditions of dictatorship and fascism in the U.S. as it did in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. The first major thrust toward fascism began during the Bush takeover of the Reagan presidency. During Bush Senior's (second) presidency he pulled off the Iran-Contra drugs-for-weapons crime, the savings-and-loan heist, the illegal use of U.S. military force to protect Bush's criminal collaboration with Manuel Noriega, his man in Panama, and many other crimes of state.
Beginning in 2000, the cabal forced their chosen puppet into the U.S. presidency and have now put in place a mechanism to steal all future elections in America. As they did in Germany, they have now destroyed the bedrock of democracy, the right of citizens to vote for their leaders.
"The 2000 election in the United States is a historical watershed. It marks an irrevocable break with the forms and traditions of American democracy. Phrases such as 'crossing the Rubicon' are appropriate in assessing the significance of the five-to-four Supreme Court ruling that handed the election to the Republican candidate, George W. Bush. Notwithstanding the attempts of the media and the political establishment--liberal no less than conservative--to pass over the events of November and December 2000 and 'move on,' as though nothing of great significance had occurred, America has been changed in a fundamental way, and nothing will ever be the same in the United States, or, for that matter, the world." 1
American Citizen Complicity in the Current Fascist DictatorshipThe 2008 election, in which the con-man Obama fooled most of the U.S. public, revealed that many American citizens are as intellectually and morally debased as the Germans in the 1930s. Such incompetence and ignorance always lead to tyranny. The United States is exactly at the same point in national degradation as the German nation in the 1930s when Hitler assumed absolute power and began his regime of mass murder and war crimes against the people of the world.
We've been conditioned to see Germany under Hitler as an unquestionably horrible example of dictatorial tyranny and inhuman barbarity--and to see our present American culture as completely opposite to that of Nazi Germany. And we like to think that if a tyranny such as that in Germany under the Nazi regime were present and growing in America we'd unquestionably be able to see it.
So it's a shock when we realize: most people living in Nazi Germany didn't see the tyranny! They thought it was the best time of their lives!
How could Germans living under Hitler's National Socialism not have seen what it was? How did their lack of social and personal awareness make them blind to their reality?
Milton Mayer's book, They Thought They Were Free , concerns Germans still living after World War II who had been members of the Nazi Party. Mayer came to know them and studied their lives and attitudes. "As we know Nazism, it was a naked, total tyranny which degraded its adherents and enslaved its opponents and adherents alike; terrorism and terror in daily life, private and public; brute personal and mob injustice at every level of association . . .
"These nine ordinary Germans [who lived in Nazi Germany] knew it otherwise, and they still know it otherwise.
"An autocracy? [they say] Yes, of course . . . But a tyranny, as you Americans use the term? Nonsense."
How could Americans now possibly be living under a creeping dictatorship and not know it? And how could we not only not see a police state condition but actually think we're living in complete freedom? Because most of us don't WANT to know what's going on. We've lost the ability to think critically about political, economic, and social dangers confronting us.
If we have a job--as most people did in Nazi Germany--if the political-economic system seems stable--as it does in America--then that's all we want to know.
To the Germans in Mayer's study, each occasion of Nazi violence was worse than the last, but only a little worse. So they waited for the one shocking event, thinking that they would join with others if or when it happened. But as the violence escalated, no one rose up to condemn the concentration camps and general oppression. No one wanted to act alone, and when a mass uprising failed to occur, the common people just let events take their course. They progressively lost the ability to understand the horror of Nazism and the will to oppose it. Similarly, we don't see the growing fascism in America and the world because we don't want to see it and because it happens somewhat gradually, which makes it almost imperceptible to those who don't think critically. Everything in your society--Nazi Germany or twenty-first century America--seems so ordinary.
"When [modern man] is completely infantile ... he does not need and does not have an understanding of the outer world. It exists for him merely as gratification or denial."
Walter Lippmann (1889-1973)
The Progressive Loss of Freedom in the United States
- In 2000, the American people lost the right to elect their president when the U.S. Supreme Court commited a coup d'etat by approving the stealing of the presidency by George W. Bush--in spite of major media companies paying milions to contrive a "recount" which they falsely claim proves Bush won the election
- The 11/14/01 announcement that any person designated as a terrorist by the President is to be placed under the control of the Secretary of Defense and not allowed the aid of US or foreign courts--a giant-step in our march toward a total police state
- Men, women, and children can be murdered without compunction--as at Ruby Ridge and Waco--and the person ultimately responsible for these "police-state" atrocities will be promoted to become the head of the agency guilty of these crimes.
- Persons convicted of crimes are being appointed to critical positions in the Obama administration
As 1930s Germans and twenty-first century Americans wait, believing things won't get any worse--it's finally too late. The imperceptible changes have totally transformed you and your society into a totalitarian state. Self-deception has infected almost everyone.
One of the Germans in Mayer's study was only shocked into awareness when he heard his little boy say "Jew swine" and he suddenly realized that his whole society had degenerated into racism, leader-worship, violence, and depravity. By 1939, when Hitler had consolidated his power, most Germans citizens were incapable of recognizing their society's corruption, so few spoke out. Even fewer opposed the totalitarian nightmare.
By learning from the German Nazi tragedy, we can see--in twenty-first century America--that we could easily wait too long. For example, we must look at the interesting similarity of Hitler's use of the Reichstag Fire to seize dictatorial powers and Bush's use of the September 11 terrorist attack as his excuse to move us to a police state where the cabal can simply "declare" that a foreigner is a terrorist and that person's rights become almost non-existent.
Without any necessity of presenting evidence, the president can now brand a non-US-citizen--OR A US CITIZEN--a "terrorist" and the suspect is brought before a secret military tribunal where the rules of evidence and prisoner rights are drastically attenuated.
Hitler was able to brand anyone he considered an enemy and see that that person was summarily executed. And now, the cabal-appointed President is able to brand as "terrorist" any US citizen who disagrees with him.
The fact that ivy league university professors and other supposedly intelligent persons think the President's seizure of such police-state powers is okay, and the civilian and military cover-up of torture in American prisons in Iraq and Cuba, proves that the fascist mentality is rampant in our society.
In the United States and the world today, we still can stop this escalating descent into total tyranny. We can learn to face up to the political, economic, and social oppression that is rampant; learn to think critically about what our leaders are doing, and join together 2 to safeguard and re-establish our freedoms. But we must not delay, we cannot simply do nothing or we'll be plunged into the same terror that destroyed Nazi Germany.
Pastor Niemoller, a German clergyman under the Nazi regime, later confessed that when the Nazis attacked opposing groups such as the Communists, he was a little uneasy. But, he said, after all, he was not a communist, so he did nothing. When the Nazis began to attack the Jews he was even more uneasy, but he still did nothing. Then they attacked the Church, and because he was a clergyman he tried to do something, but it was too late.
We in the modern world are in exactly the same situation as the German people in the early days of Nazi totalitarianism. Daily, staring us in the face, is the unmistakable evidence of brutality, economic oppression, fear-ridden conformity, pleasure-deadened mindlessness, ignorant know-it-allness, and unashamed hatred of the "different," the "unpopular," the momentary devil-enemy.
But people totally blinded by their pursuit of pleasure or engrossed in destroying some enemy (the anti-abortionists killing their enemies, U.S. leaders killing tens of thousands of Iraqis and thousands of American soldiers) don't see the crises in the modern world.
The general intellectual incompetence of Americans at present leads directly to a blindness to our current catastrophic situation. Without the learned ability to make decisive distinctions, people cannot discriminate between, for example, "economic downturn" and depression, or between "change of leaders through free elections" and coup d'etat through monied interests buying and selling presidents and congresspersons. Our minds are so undeveloped that we lack the capacity to discriminate between the essentials and the changing, superficial forms.
"There couldn't be a police state in the U.S.," says Joe American, "because we don't see men in uniforms with swastikas on their armbands goose-stepping down our streets! "
"We can't be losing our freedoms," says Jane American, because I didn't see anything about it in the New York Times and there was nothing about it on the evening news."
We like to delude ourselves that the 1930s German citizen was some special case. 3 But Nazism didn't arise because a few maniacs somehow got into power and did something unique to the German people's minds. Those myths have been exploded once and for all by our more recent understanding that those same tactics have been used and are being used to enslave the minds of people in many different societies.
So our present "enemy" is our own conditioned lack of progressive awarness, our love of ease, our unwillingness to dispel our social and moral delusions, our headlong rush into the mindless attitude that "everything is okay."
"'Fascism' is only the organized political expression of the structure of the average man's character, a structure that is confined neither to certain races or nations nor to certain parties, but is general and international. . . 'Fascism' is the basic emotional attitude of the suppressed man of our authoritarian machine civilization and its mechanistic-mystical conception of life."
Wilhelm Reich, The Mass Psychology of Fascism
Even though our society faces a truly alarming situation, people find ways to ignore the peril. One way to do this is to assume that such an episode as the 1930s-1940s Nazi terror is no longer a threat. But we have a number of horrible examples of what happens TODAY to a society when its people fail to develop progressive awareness abilities, the most ghastly perhaps being that of the September 11th terrorist attacks.
Ever since this indefensible horror, few Americans have had the ability to ask the critical questions:
Thus we return to the absolute necessity to learn how to think critically. And perhaps now we can begin to see why it is essential to our very existence. Progressive awareness is no longer an intellectual option for the few; it is a necessary tool for discovering what kind of people we have allowed ourselves to become.
- What was the cause of the September 11th attacks?
- Was there prior knowledge of (or even complicity) by the U.S. government in the terrorist attacks?
- Is there a hidden agenda in the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq?
Through self-study and change we must find out just what in us makes it possible for a new, more sophisticated "Nazism" to now be taking control, a more insidious brand of fascism, undetected because the blatant symbols and familiar catchphrases are indiscernible to our undeveloped minds.
We either learn to useprogressive awareness now, or we can passively watch while the new, disguised gas-chambers and death squads are prepared for us.
Are You a War Criminal?You could, sometime in the future, be put on trial for FAILING to fight against the crimes against humanity that the cabal is now perpetrating! You certainly are complicit in the cabal's destruction of constitutional freedoms if you fail to speak out against:
In a democracy such as ours in America, it's the responsibility of citizens to inform themselves and to struggle against any encroachment of constitutional liberties. If some people are too unintelligent or morally deficient to see the tyrannous acts of the Obama administration, if some people are too cowardly to stand against those acts, it's still your individual responsibility as an American citizen to uphold the principles of democracy on which this nation is founded.
- Their refusal of due process and habeaus corpus to foreign detainees in Cuba and the U.S.
- Their allowing the CIA, the FBI, and other intelligence agencies to spy on American citizens (tapping phone lines, seizing property based on trumped-up charges, monitoring internet usage, and on and on)
- Their deliberate, unabashed destruction of workers' rights and welfare in acting for big-money interests (e.g. Enron, Halliburton, agribusinesses, Afghan pipeline, pharmaceutical companies) in every arena
- Their lying about not having been informed prior to 9/11 about Arab men training in American flight schools and planning to hijack large airliners
- Their use of their own failure to act on the warnings they had received to justify grabbing even more power, at the expense of our civil liberties, by deceiving Congress and the American people
One of the most effective ways of feeling this is to view the 1961 Academy Award-winning film, "Judgment at Nuremberg," and consider how you could, in the future, be considered as one of three classes of war criminals depicted in the film:
Abby Mann's brilliant screenplay "Judgment at Nuremberg" drives home several crucial points that we cannot afford to overlook:
- Nazi villains such as Goering (though not depicted in this movie, the Nuremberg tribunals included Goering's trial and conviction as a war criminal)
- Ordinary criminals such as the German judges who took advantage of the Nazi tyranny to feather their own nests
- Germans who prided themselves on upholding the nation's principles, such as Emil Janning, former German secretary of justice (portrayed in the movie by Burt Lancaster) and the widow of a convicted German general executed for ordering the murder of American POWs (portrayed by Marlene Dietrich). These kinds of people were shocked when they found that the world held them responsible for what had happened in Nazi Germany.
- We're responsible for being aware of what's going on in our society; we can't plead ignorance. In the movie, the defense attorney argued strenuously that all those who supported or tolerated Nazis were guilty, not just those individuals then being tried.
The cabal is currently, and was previously, involved in war crimes in Afghanistan and is complicit in encouraging Israel's war crimes against the Palestinian people(just as the Arab states are encouraging Palestinian terrorists to commit war crimes in their suicide bombings). Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger says he's too busy to answer a subpoena ordering him to appear before a Paris judge investigating crimes by the Kissinger-backed Pinochet regime in Chile.
- We must make sure we're aware of what kind of criminal trampling of our constitution and war crimes our government officials may be involving us in.
- American leaders (especially the Bush family), Britain (open letter to the "Times" by Winston Churchill in 1938 praising the strength of Hitler), the Vatican (corcordat with the Nazis), and others were all complicit in creating the Nazi horror, as the defense attorney in the movie pointed out.
- We cannot legitimately try to excuse ourselves with catch-phrases such as:
- "My country right or wrong"
- "I'm only following orders"
- "We don't make the laws, we merely carry them out"
- "I'm only agreeing with the ideas of our leaders"
- "If I'm critical of my country's leaders, I'm a traitor"
Former President Bush I and other United States leaders committed war crimes against Iraq (during and following the Gulf War) and Yugoslavia (in the invasion of Kosovo) and are still under indictment with the International War Crimes Tribunal.
"An official British inquiry into the war with Iraq, which opened in late December, 2009, has already heard evidence sufficient to indict top Bush administration leaders on the same charge that was the axis of the indictment of the Nazi leaders at Nurember--deliberately waging an aggressive war." 4
It's possible that American leaders at any level could at some time in the future be brought before an international war crimes tribunal for those criminal acts. None of the excuses above (the catch-phrases) would be allowed as mitigating circumstances. In the movie, the defense attorney argued in support of mitigation the fact that all German judges during the Nazi regime were forced to swear to the Civil Servant Loyalty Oath of 1934.
Obama and the other members of the current administration are trying to frighten Americans by telling us that we are traitors if we criticize their actions--or those of the capitalis cabal in general.On the contrary, they are traitors to the American practice of democracy in trying to suppress honest citizens' thought and dissent. It's possible the tables may be turned, as in post-World War II Germany: the leaders who forced obedience to criminal acts may be put on trial for crimes against humanity!
You are not so much struggling against the cabal or any other form of tyranny as you are fighting for the inalienable democratic principles which once made this nation somewhat free:
"Imagine if you can a world in which truth is one general and something we will call blindness is the opposing general. These two simple factors one must choose between. There are no neutrals. We are frankly for or against and hold our positions by the force of the effort we put forth. The great struggle is not only to conquer our opposing forces, but to reclaim and form them into fighters for the truth."
Stewart Edward White
- The individual does not receive government and authority from a deity who gives his secular sword to princes and magistrates to rule by his divine right.
- The individual does not have a subordinate place in a divinely inspired hierarchy, in which kings, nobelmen, political leaders, and corporate executives are placed above him as 'your highness.'
- Government is voluntarily established by free individuals through a willful act of contract, individuals rationally consenting to limit their own freedom and to obey civil authority in order to have public protection of their natural rights.
- Government's purpose is to serve the interests of the people, to enable individuals to enjoy peacefully their rights to life, liberty, and property.
We're facing a life-or-death crisis with the cabal's attack on our constitutional rights. On May 30, 2002, using their own incompetence as an excuse, they gave the F.B.I. totalitarian state powers to spy on Americans through the passage of the unconstitutional "Patriot Act." With the ObaMessiah having stolen another four years to rain terror on America and the world, we Americans must immediately wake up to the dangers facing us and begin:
The con job of the 2008 election by the cabal was a blatant display of tyranny and reveals to all the world that the criminal thugs behind Obama are intent on destroying every vestige of democracy. Informed citizens worldwide now realize that they must unite to take back their governments and their countries.
- Regaining our ability to be informed citizens
- Learning from our own history how to bring down a tyrant
- Recognizing the tell-tale signs of increasing tyranny in America: 9/11 Black Flag Attack, Patriot Act, Bailout Economic Terrorism, andNDAA
1 Barry Grey, "The world historical implications of the political crisis in the United States ," wsws.org, Feb. 6, 2001
2 "Building a Unified Activist Citizen Taskforce"
3 Molly Harrower (1976). "Were Hitler's Henchman Mad?", Psychology Today, July, pp. 76-80. Also see the review by Richard L. Rubenstein in the same issue of Psychology Today of the bookThe Nuremberg Mind.
4 US imperialism, 9/11 and the Iraq war
- 3/7/2012: Police State America
- 5/28/2011: "America's" Fascist Paradigm & the Myth of Democracy
- 3/31/2008: When A Great Power Goes Mad
- Wake Up and Smell the Fascism
- House Democrats Call for Election Investigation
- How the vote was stolen in Warren county, Ohio
- Krugman: No Surrender!
- Corporations control US voting results
- Michael Moore: 17 Reasons to Take Hope
- Citizens for Legitimate Government calls for investigation into the criminal actions of the Republicans in the 2004 election
- Don't Give Up!
- Black Box Voting Web Site declares 2004 election a fraud
- How the Republicans stole the 2004 election
- Resistance is not futile